Purses, purses galore

Yes, it’s true, I’m making excuses for using my gorgeous laces. I do love working with vintage lace, ribbons, silks. Yummy.

I made two small drawstring purses. It would really have helped if I’d had a pattern. Through my mistakes, I can see how it needs to be built. I’m getting there.

CIMG4590CIMG4591CIMG4592

This second one is made with a beautiful yellow raw silk, being a dress that I found in the $1 rack at the thrift store. I used a doily, dyed another one, and painted some pearl lace from a wedding gown. The pin at the front and the yellow button at the back are recycled from the thrift store too.

CIMG4594CIMG4595

This is my carpet bag, or hobo bag. It’s a drawstring closure, probably not the most useful way to close it! I use doilies around the opening, and a build up of doilies and silky fabric, all recycled for decoration. The big plaque in the middle is a Michael’s special at $2.99. Looks rich, doesn’t it?

CIMG4593

And finally, my faithful sidekick, Mr Paul lounging in the middle of the sweet peas, looking mighty serious.

CIMG4585 bis

8 comments:

  1. Love the larger purse!! Pretty and Mr Paul looks so cute!! Was thinking about him the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mr. Paul. You look so handsome.

    The bags are wonderful. I like the big one too. How about a bag for carrying around your art journal and a few pens? It would be inspiring in itself.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!! You have done it again! I love both purses and the carpet bag. Gosh - the pin on the yellow one with the gold and amethyst gems looks so rich! Love, love, love it!

    And of course, Mr. Paul looks like he is very relaxed and content! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous purses Sox! I love the carpetbag one. But what I especially love is that you used recycled laces and fabrics and trims!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all and would probably have a fit if I tried to actually use one! (rip-stop nylon is my preferred bag) Maybe if I used it for non snaggy stuff and places...LOL. Lori W at Art Camp for Women

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your carpet bag is a swoon... I absolutely ADORE it. You're doing such lovely things with lace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they're wonderful, beautiful...romantic

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you have been having with these little drawstring bags! My favourite is the hobo bag
    - nice shape!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.