A new website

After thinking long and hard about it, I’ve decided to pull my jewelry from Etsy and post it on a dedicated website.

Why?

Etsy is a great site for artists and to post our work for sale, but it has a big disadvantage: it doesn’t allow the artist to set up categories, so your work gets all mixed together, if you, like me, happen to have various fields of work.

I will be holding a huge sale on my jewelry before it goes from Etsy. 20% all the jewelry. That’s a pretty good deal.

So if my dear followers have noticed I’ve been MIA (at least one did, yeah, thank you Liz), it’s because I’ve been nose down designing my own website. It’s almost live. Waiting for the server to access the new name, and I will release it all: the new name, the sale on Etsy, everything.

Here is a preview of what it MAY look like. preview

The software is a big learning curve, but the biggest time consumer is to get very clear and detailed photos, which of course is one would want when looking at jewelry.

Thank you for the feedback that you like the pictures better on a black background. I agree. So I’m converting all my pics to black. Another item on the list. Smile

Oh, and I will give away one of my bracelets when I launch the website to someone who leaves a comment. That’s something you really don’t want to miss. Stay tuned.

10 comments:

  1. Wow Sox this new website looks super impressive after a mountain of new work to climb over! Well done! I really do understand about Etsy though. Where is your link to your Etsy shop???
    Beading hugs to you!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Socrates, it is a big job getting your own website up and running and yours looks like it is going to be fabulous! I to understand about having designated spaces for your different media. Best wishes for all things positive on this new leg of the journey...
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can we get to your Esty shop? I cannot find a working link. Thank you. I have a grandson with the last name Laurence which I noticed on your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added the link to Etsy at the top right of the page. It must have gotten deleted by accident. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sox - it is going to be fabulous... when you mentioned "black background" - I was thinking the background to the blog, not the individual photos... is that what the comments were? I always liked my black background when I did the blog for my Blue Moose initially; it is so professional and shows off your photos well. Can't wait to view all your stuff in one place. You are doing such a tremendous job and have a couple of new items that I hadn't gotten to. Hugs. K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Your jewelry is magnificent and needs to be seen in the best possible forum. I think the concept of etsy is great, but the problem there is so many artists seem to underprice their work that people expect everything to be bargain priced. Your new site looks very professional and your pieces should sell well at the prices they are worth. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to your new site and even more beautiful pictures of your fabulous work! Knowing how much work you are putting into it, I am certain it will be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOO!
    Can't wait to see the new "baby"!!!
    You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, making your own website will be better because you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. I suggest having a very good graphic design to attract many customers. :)
    http://www.swcreations.net/

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.