Peyote beaded bracelet

In this new bracelet, I’m exploring a new stitch, called flat peyote. I’ve added metal copper beads on the edge to give it a ruffled look, which I like a lot. This is not bead embroidery for a change, but rather bead weaving.
To make it more steampunk, I put a clock face in the middle but I feel it really needs more. I’m thinking of adding pearls inside the clock face, or maybe around it.
CIMG7019
Here is a close up of the watch face, and the ruffled edge with the metal beads. CIMG7019 centre
I made another cuff in woven beads and peyote stitch, in green and shimmering glass beads. The edges are ruffled too, because I used beads that were slightly larger than the base one. They are so fun to make. Because of its colors, I call this one Sea foam” CIMG7022CIMG7023
I’m also working on a large neck piece, back to bead embroidery. I think that remains my main love. I’m combining a lot of my favorite colors, as well as new beads I bought at the Tucson bead show. And of course, watch faces here too. Can you notice a theme? Steampunk!!!!


CIMG7025 
I used a large black agate for the cabochon, which I captured with a peyote stitch. I did the same with the large clock face and the steampunk metal button. For the rest, I'm using 15/0 seed beads, and small black bugles. It does take a long time to cover all this space with 15/0!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! These are amazing.
    You blow my mind with your talent :)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE prolific, my friend. Beautiful as always. Hugs. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I never did master that stitch. Maybe now that I'm not taking care of anyone I should try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jewelry and bags are gorgeous. I wish I had one of each!
    Your talent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete


  5. Welcome to the best store.High Quality Beaded Bracelets, Silver Black Green Red and other color beads, Handmade Bead Jewelry Bracelet at Discount prices - Free Shipping
    bead bracelet
    beads bracelet
    bead bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  6. o wow, they're amazing! I'd say something around the clockface would be gorgeous too, but I love the piece already as it is. I do love both bead embroidery and waving, would love to learn how to do that. Reminds me I have a gorgeous heirloom I still want to show on my blog... :) Hugs and sunny day, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sea Foam is a Favorite!

    Up here is lichen-moss-land...it resonates an earthier dimension.

    That's the way with art, it speaks to us individually, non?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bracelet is very popular to us. It symbol of fashion. Thanks for share it. I love it very much.Your post reall nice. Watch Faces

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, making your own website will be better because you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. I suggest having a very good graphic design to attract many customers. :)
    http://www.swcreations.net/

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.