I’ve seen the light!

No, I havent’ found religion. Bu I have taken a class to learn how to photograph my jewelry properly. And oh, what a difference. And most of it has to do with the light! Duh!

I haven’t even bought a fancy light set up, I’m using the wonderful natural light in my house here in Palm Springs! Yeah, another bonus of living here, this wonderful light makes for wonderful photos.

Nest, I need to unearth  my tripod, for which I haven’t had much use in the recent months. But it’s here somewhere, and it will help getting even more crisp photos.

In the meantime,  you be the judge. My jewelry has never looked so good on the screen! With a bit of light adjustment in Photoshop and voila. I’m posting Before and After photos, those are always fun!

CIMG7063 fbCIMG7072psp

Wow, what a difference! Here’s the next one. I really love the colors on this bracelet, and I just couldn’t capture them before.

CIMG7004

 

I do like the black background. CIMG7068

But look at these colors. It’s a beaded embroidery cuff, with a gorgeous blue agate in the middle, seed beads, lochrosen, silver beads and pearls.

CIMG7069

Now doesn’t this make your mouth water? Yes, it takes thousands of beads to make one bracelet. It takes me about 3 full days to complete one.

CIMG7070

And the latest bead free form peyote. In this type of design, there is no support for the beading, one just weaves and adds at the fancy decides.

I was in the mood for another chromatic design, in the view of Goth or Steampunk. This necklace is beaded with Toho Treasures. They’re called Treasures because of how much they cost, I think. They are the flatter square looking beads. I used a simple black velvet button for the closure. There are black pearls, black Swaroski crystals, some bugles beads of various sizes. It is quite spectacular on.

It would have been so difficult to photograph properly, you can imagine, black on black, without this new instruction. Yeah, Jim Lawson. Great course.

 

CIMG7067psp

7 comments:

  1. LOL love your comment! The beading is gorgeous. I'm struggling with bead netting. I think I need to have the TV off when I try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. What an amazing difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the black background, makes the jewelry POP and is easier to see details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sox
    I honestly thought I'd left a comment here several days ago about your photography.
    Love the beaded embroidered cuff against the black most of all.
    Are you back working on a lace book at present?
    Hugs from here,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. Not enough light with the photography though but just enough for the jewelry to be seen and admired. I admire the design of the jewelries they are intricately made but very gorgeous. :)
    http://www.swcreations.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! buy gold bar

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.