A steampunk journal cover

In the Kindred Souls Round Robin, I have picked A steampunk Air Travel as my theme. Koinkidenkilly, I saw a beautiful Prima kit at a weekend conference, prepared for a class by Finnabair. I didn’t take the class or attend the conference, but I sure got my hands on this gorgeous Prima Sunrise Sunset kit.
Not even released yet! I hope they do soon, because Im going into serious withdrawal. Are you reading this, Prima?????
The kit gave some explanations on how to achieve ‘the look’. I can’t claim that I have, but I had so much fun making the covers for my book:
CIMG6812CIMG6813
The Prima kit comes with all the metal flowers, and the fabric flowers. It also has the grunge board letters, the metal wheels, and lots of dooh dahs!!!
LOVE!

I didn’t take any pictures of the inside, because I forgot! Here’s the main heroine, MS Magdalena Orgenloff. Dressed for her journeys and adventures around the world. A little montage in Photoshop. Her various parts come from a kit on DeviantScrap from Brimm-steamtown-celebrations. Fun!



lady

Oh, valid point, Kathy, I didn't describe the process. I painted the background with white gesso, because it was cardboard. Then I glued down cardboard pieces, cheesecloth, and with the gel medium I was using, I also make some marks and designs. Then I used spray glimmer mists from 'outsidethemargins.com' since I've had good luck with their sprayers. I also added some titan buff and gold paint, and van dyke brown for edging the sides. Voila!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blending of the colors! It it plaster or modeling paste or something else entirely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool! Can't wait to see it in person. I have tons of steampunkish stuff; looking forward to working in your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! I love the colors and how you melded all the different things together.
    well done.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.