Another painting in acrylic

This one is made of several transfers. I learned the technique through a class I take on A.R.T yahoo group, and I just love them. I am fascinated with the woman's face. I'm not sure where I found her on the internet, so unfortunately I can't give credit. I'd love to know who she is, or where she comes from. She feels so mysterious.



The columns are a transfer as well. The writing is made up of a napkin glued down with gel medium. A lot of the texture comes from gel medium, applied roughly.



The columns are a tranfer too, and there are bits of paper that were burnt and glued down.



I am very pleased with the results. I love the colors. I"ve been struggling to get those colors, and here they are. This painting is 18 x 22, and it's done on a canvas board. I bought myself some streched canvases for Christmas, but they're under the tree!

5 comments:

  1. I love the book pages in there.. and the color is wonderful.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous work, Sox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic. I love the background. Though I forget to leave a comment I want you to know you have an amazing blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is my favorite so far. I love the transfers. The woman's face is so small, but it's created a great focal point. She does in fact look mysterious. I really love this painting. You are so talented. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paintings are wonderful! I would love to know about the A.R.T. group. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.