Calligraphy painting


I had it in my mind to combine paint and calligraphy. Here's my first attempt. I'm not sure I like it.

I thought I'd try a different background to give pride of place to the writing. It certainly does not really reflect something that 'speaks' to me, but this is the first one.

I did this one for my massage therapist who lived in Australia for a few years.




And finally this one, which is more my 'usual' style, and that I so enjoy painting. Of course, the colors don't quite come out on the computer. This one is quite large, 18 x 20.


3 comments:

  1. Sox;
    The first one is very interesting. Is that a cross? What were you saying with this one? It's one you could look at and wonder what the artist was thinking.
    I love the deep rich earthy elements of the next two. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture in the 3rd one. The 1st one would have a great home in my living room. The 2nd one is really great - I love the color and the textures in the 2nd one. You go girl! :) I love that you're painting large paintings! You're so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the calligraphy painting!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.