This guy blew my mind!!!!!

I just found a website that discusses the book art of Brian Dettmer.
Now I am an acknowledged book lover, book reader, and book destroyer, I mean alterer.

I'm always on the look out for techniques and tutorials. I stumbled on this yesterday.

Here's the website where even more of his work is displayed.

http://centripetalnotion.com/2007/09/13/13:26:26/

I'd love to know what tools he uses to cut the designs. Surely not the old Exacto knives. Maybe a surgeon's saw? I'm really curious.


Now, I know what to do if I run out of ideas for those long winter days....

InJoy!
Sox

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your words Sox on BAj. I love your folded books and you are doing Teesha pages too!
    As for Brian Dettmer - I had the pleasure of seeing some of his books at a museum in seattle in the spring and they are mind blowing. I found out today he is TEACHING at Valley Ridge in WI. I would so love to go - 3 days! Pretty cool.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.