Marie Antoinette Round Robin and Nick Bantock

As I am involved in two Marie Antoinette Round Robins, I've been playing with ideas of what to do in the books when they come to me. I know I'm going to be busy in May with the week long workshop on abstract painting with Steve Aimone, and I won't have my mind set for anything Marie.

Valerie on one of the group posted a design on how to  make corsets. I actually didn't use it, I just printed a photo of a corset on thick cardstock and decorated those.



I also used an idea that I'd seen in Somerset magazine, all about Marie, where they had a small flip book with different dresses. Here's my interpretation.



I used to have a book like that when I was a kid, and remember loving it.

This was certainly fun to make. I used some wonderful wallpapers that I received from wonderful ladies with whom I swapped some French papers and magazines in exchange for some of their period papers.

Just having so much fun.

And the news of the day is.....

I GET TO DO A WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH NICK BANTOCK THIS SUMMER!!!!!!

How incredible is that!!!! He's been my hero ever since I discovered his beautiful Sabine and Griffin series in the 80's. I was blown away by his art. And now I get to study with him for a full weekend....

Indeed, my life is good.

4 comments:

  1. I ove those corset and your flip book. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I Love NIck's work...take lots of pictures!
    Have fun!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the corsets. I've seen those pictures with the lace and trims added. Hmmm.... the wheels are turning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sox .. your corsets and Marie pages are wonderful!! I love the flip book idea!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments. They make my day! Make sure you have an ID before posting. Thank you.